Canadian Magazine Industry News
13 June 2016, TORONTO
Maisonneuve is the NMA Magazine of the Year
Author, public speaker and nine-time NMA winner Chris Turner, was the host for the evening. Gold, Silver and Honourable Mention awards were handed out in 39 categories, as was over $50,000 in cash prizes.
Maisonneuve was nominated for 18 awards this year and took home the coveted title of Magazine of the Year, (the third time since 2004) in addition to winning four gold awards and one silver.
"The most important mission of the National Magazine Awards is to celebrate Canadian creators," Joyce Byrne, president of the NMAF, said. "And tonight we have reached a new milestone in recognizing and rewarding excellence to more than 300 nominees and 70 gold and silver winners at the 39th annual NMA gala. The National Magazine Awards are one of Canada's most important cultural institutions, and even as we celebrate our 39th year we are looking forward to our 40th anniversary and beyond."
- Desmond Cole won Best New Magazine Writer for The Skin I’m In (Toronto Life)
- Marta Iwanek won Best New Magazine Photographer for The Maidan (Maisonneuve)
- Ricardo magazine took home Gold for Best Magazine Brand
- Maclean’s won Gold for Best Magazine Cover for Hurry Up and Die Already
- Sportsnet won Gold for Best Single Issue: What it’s like to be Connor McDavid right now
- Kim Pittaway, award winning writer and former editor of Chatelaine, won the Foundation Award for Outstanding Achievement
For a complete list of winners visit the NMA website.
Click here for pictures from the event.
Most Recent News Comment
Most Recent Blog Comment
|Lorene Shyba says:|
Most Read Stories