Nominee finalists for the 2008 Atlantic Journalism Awards have been announced. There are 25 categories in total. Here are the nominees for magazine categories:
Atlantic Magazine - Best Article
- Alec Bruce - Atlantic Business Magazine, St. John's, NL – “Big Deal”
- Phillip Lee - Saltscapes Magazine, Dartmouth, NS – “Sold!”
- Alec Bruce/Marjorie Doyle/Chris Flanagan/Pauline Furlong/Jack MacAndrew - Atlantic Business Magazine, St. John's, NL – “Leaders and Legends"
Atlantic Magazine - Best Cover
- Buddhadharma, Spring 2007, Halifax, NS - Ouch!
- Dalhousie Magazine, Fall 2007, Halifax, NS - Big Picture Thinking
- Lifestyle Maritimes Magazine, Winter 2007, Dartmouth, NS - Sidney Crosby
Atlantic Magazine - Best Profile Article
- Eleanor Beaton - Atlantic Business Magazine, St. John's, NL – “What's Up with Mickey?”
- Deborah Carr - Saltscapes Magazine, Dartmouth, NS – “Tour of a Lifetime”
- David Swick - The Shambhala Sun, Halifax, NS – “An Eye for the Sacred”
The Atlantic Journalism Awards started in 1981 as a vehicle to honour journalism excellence in print and broadcast. Around 900 journalists have been awarded since the tribute began. This year’s Gold Award winners will be announced May 3 at Halifax’s Marriot Harbourfront Hotel. The day will also include professional development workshops and a Freedom of Information panel.