Canadian Magazine Industry News
11 May 2009, WINNIPEG
The Beaver named mag of the year at first-ever Maggies
Other winners on the night:
- Best Initiative (recognizing ancillary activities that build the magazine's brand): Winnipeg Men for "Test Drive"
- Most Innovative Marketing Initiative (recognizing achievement and creativity in marketing and promotion of a magazine): Kayak: Canada's History Magazine for Kids
- Most Effective Web Activity (for a website, online event, contest, or social networking initiative): Outwords
- Most Effective Use of Words: Prairie Fire for "Animalia"
- Best Cover: Prairie Fire for "Atwood"
Students work on a magazine concept over several weeks developing a business plan as well as a prototype for a new magazine. The Association will contribute $1500 annually in prizing for the top student projects.This year's student award recipients were: Bonnie Seidel, Gina Nasuti, Emily Baron Cardloff and Sean Ledwich for Packrat: A Backpacking Magazine.
- Rachel Hawryluk, Shayna Wiweirski;, Erica Zawadowski, Matt Prepost and Thor Blondal for Quarkz: a magazine about quirky people and things.
- Mitchell Clinton, Melanie Fatouros, Rheanne Marcoux and Kalen Qually for Sugarthread: a magazine about candy.
Most Recent News Comment
Most Recent Blog Comment
Most Read Stories