Will tweet for work
If you use Twitter, you might want to consider it as part of your networking strategy. On his blog Scobleizer, Robert Scoble offers some tips on how to utilize Twitter, Facebook and blogs in your job hunt. Here's a taste:
• Your blog is your resume. You need one and it needs to have 100 posts on it about what you want to be known for.
• Remove all friends from your facebook and twitter accounts that will embarrass you.
• Demonstrate you have kids and hobbies, but they should be 1% of your public persona, not 99%.
• Post something that teaches me something about what you want to do every day. If you want to drive a cab, you better go out and take pictures of cabs. Think about cabs. Put suggestions for cabbies up. Interview cabbies. You better have a blog that is nothing but cabs. Cabs. Cabs. Cabs all the time.
• On Twitter you can tell me what you had for lunch, but only after you posted 20 great items about what you want to do.
Hat tip to David Hayes.
- Corinna vanGerwen
About MeCorinna vanGerwen
Corinna vanGerwen is a freelance editor and writer. She has worked as senior editor at Style at Home, senior design editor at Cottage Life and is the former Canadian Director of Ed2010. She has also held the position of operations manager at a boutique PR agency, where she handled strategic planning and daily operations.
Most Recent Blog Comment