Canadian Magazine Industry News
21 July 2014,
Professionally Speaking takes the lead at 2014 Tabbie awards
There were over 450 entries this year, with nominations coming from the U.S., Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa. The awards aim to showcase editors, writers and B2B publications as a whole that demonstrate excellence in their field.
In the Top 25 Best Single Issue category, Canadian Nurse’ s November 2013 issue came in eight place (Lisa Brazeau, Nahanni McIntosh, Joan Salton, Blair LeBlanc, Hector Palermo) and Wood Design and Building came in 25th for its fall 2013 issue (Theresa Rogers, Nicolas Heffernan, Sharon MacIntosh, Etienne Lalonde, Natalie Tarini, Katrina Teimourabadi).
Stephen Kimber’s article entitled State of the Union for Atlantic Business Magazine received the Silver Award in the Feature Category. According to the judges his piece was: “A thought-provoking feature that has great writing, art and human interest appeal. The entire story is beautifully written and presented."
One of the biggest Canadian winners was Professionally Speaking magazine. They received:
- 20th place in the Feature category for Brainstorm (Jennifer Lewington by Jacqueline Kovacs).
- Gold award for Exemplary OCT (Trish Snyder and Leata Lekushoff)
- Silver for Exemplary OCT (Carmen Gassi, Trish Snyder, Leata Lekushoff) in the feature/profile article category.
- Silver in the Feature Design category for Fresh Start (Luis Albuquerque, Charlene Watson, Jacqueline Kovacs, Leata Lekushoff), Studio 141 Inc.
- Honourable Mention in the Front Cover, Photograph category for Technology Dissected Studio 141 Inc (Daniel Harrison, Christina Yan, Jacqueline Kovacs, Leata Lekushoff).
The remaining list of Canadian winners are:
- CIM Magazine’s No safety in numbers piece came in 14th in the Feature category (Correy Baldwin, Peter Braul, Ryan Beren, Herb Mathisen, Zoe Koulouris).
- CIM Magazine’s Breaking down comminution received an Honourable mention in the Technical Article category (Eavan Moore, Peter Braul, Ryan Bergen, Herb Mathisen, Zoe Koulouris).
- Benefits Canada’s No Guts, No Glory received a Silver in the Front Cover, photograph category (Mike Ford, photographer; Scott Jordan, art director).
Most Recent News Comment
Most Recent Blog Comment
|Marty Seto says:|
Most Read Stories