Magazines with ambitious projects in mind for 2008/2009 can now submit their proposals to the Support for Business Development for Magazine Publishers component of the Canada Magazine Fund. Because the redesign of the CMF and Publications Assistance Program comes into effect April 2009, the funding project must end on or before March 31, 2009.
Eligible projects include:
- New media initiatives such as the creation or enhancement of a Web site, the digitization of past issues, and online editorial;
- A marketing or business plan or market research
- Circulation initiatives such as a renewal series, direct mail campaign, newsstand promotion or attendance at special events and trade shows;
- Advertising initiatives such as a media kit and telemarketing;
- Circulation fulfillment software and professional training;
- Editorial improvements such as a redesign or new editorial, and special issue of a magazine.
Magazines applying must have a minimum of 10% paid circ, while any magazine with less than 50% paid circulation must submit a proposal aimed at increasing it.
For more info, visit www.canadianheritage.ca/cmf. Applicants are encouraged to call (1-888-357-3116) or e-mail (email@example.com) to discuss project ideas prior to submission.