Reading List, Aug. 22
A weekly roundup of job-hunting tips, career advice and interesting articles relevant to the magazine industry and being an editor.
• "5 Ways to Save Your Writing Clips From Oblivion" by Susan Johnston on The Urban Muse.
Practical tips on how to keep your digital clippings.
• "One Mentor’s 10-Step Job Interview Process: Where do You Fall Out?" by Todd Herschberg on YouTern's The Savvy Intern blog.
The inside scoop on how one employer weeds out job candidates.
• "Boston Globe Creates a Twitter Board for the Newsroom" by Justin Ellis on the Nieman Journalism Lab.
If you want staff from all departments to get more involved in social media, increasing awareness about what your brand is doing may be the ticket.
• "How Journalists See Each Other" on DigiDave.
• "Making the Leap from Editor to Content Strategist" by Sara Zailskas on the American Society of Business Publication Editors blog
). Lost your job as an editor or just tired of magazine publishing? "Content Strategist" could be your next career move.