Jakob Nielsen’s April 27 Alertbox article focused on the great job the web team at the BBC does on their web heds, which follow Nielsen’s maxims that heds should be short, information-rich, front-loaded with keywords, understandable out of context and predictable.
Some examples he uses are:
• Italy buries first quake victims
• Romania blamed over Moldova riots
• Ten arrested in UK anti-terrorism raids
What do you think? Would you click? And how can you make your web heds better?
• The 3 secrets to writing effective web heds
• SEO: More on creating great titles